"Mondays are no more Mundane"
Public Speaking is all about saying the right thing at the right place at the right time. There’s also a little bit of giddiness, going weak at the knees, perspiration, incoherent babbling and sometimes, sheer terror. Infact, it’s a lot like love, isn’t it? Eloquence welcomes you to the Valentine’s Week edition of Monday Masti.... And before you heave that sigh of despair at the thought of being alone or the prospect of going hunting for a gift, let us kick back, relax and have a nice laugh at the festival of Love brought to you by Hallmark™ (or may be Archies™)!
Think V-Day, one is reminded of all the sentiyapa of the movies and those ‘eternal’ quotes that warm the heart, touch the soul and elevate the spirit. Let us check our Lv-Shuv Trivia knowledge by identifying the source of some of these quotes-
1. So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day…
2. No, I don’t think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That’s what’s wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.
3. My heart is, and always will be, yours.
4. It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together… and I knew it.
5. Love means never having to say you’re sorry.
6. Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable.
7. Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it.
8. Don’t forget I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her. Life is messy. Love is messier.
9. I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.
10. You make me want to be a better person.
Most of us would know of the origins of Valentine’s Day... Unfortunately we have deviated from the tradition and spirit of the famous event that marks this day. However, Dr. Sheldon Cooper of the University of Pasadena, California is quick to correct the erring humanity.
Despite all what we’ve just told you, some of you would still be tripping on hilltops amidst clouds just thinking of V-Day while some (the more perceptive ones) may have recognized that sinking feeling at the pit of their stomachs. A word of advice to the latter... Go with your gut feeling!!!
So here we sign off, and let cupid take over the case of the all those lonely hearts out there. and to all those who are lucky enough have fallen (there’s a reason why that specific verb was chosen) in love, congratulations all the best... this one’s for you
Keep watching out for more every Monday!